It’s been a doozy of a week friends. In addition to Beagle sickness, life has just been a little trecherous lately. And by being distracted, frustrated, hurt, and overly worried about everything, I let all the beautiful things in my life pass by unnoticed.
Yes, I neglected everything I’m grateful for. During Thanksgiving. When I was supposed to be thankful. I am the world’s worst American.
So a littler meander through my iPhone photo gallery slapped me right back in the face. Wow, do I have things to be thankful for. And these are only the ones I chose to document.
So, a week late and probably even more annoying for those who dislike these internet memes, here’s my thankful list. In no particular order.
1. My cuddly, silly, independent Beagle. Don’t be annoyed by my obsession with my dog, because it’s only going to get worse.
2. My family. Such happy, warm, loving people. Such a support system.
3. My friends. Those that tell me how happy they are that we’re friends. Those that check in on me. Those that continue to reach out despite the terrible friend I’ve been. Wow.
4. A creative spirit, my sewing machine, and my blog. It feels so good to have this little outlet to return to, even when I’ve neglected it for a few weeks now. (I’m sorry, things will turn around soon, I pinky-promise).
5. My health. I can walk, see, hear and taste. I can run and jump and climb. I can laugh. I take these things for granted way too often.
6. My freedom and security. Amen.
Things I’m not thankful for:
1. Rotten avocados